Official Website and Apply Online: https://www.mzv.cz/jnp/en/information_for_aliens/long_stay_visa/long_stay_visa.html
- 📆 Duration: 1 year, with the option to renew.
- 💵 Visa Fee: CZK 2,500 (USD 112)
- ⏱️ Application processing: 90 days
- 💰 Income requirements: No minimum income. Must have CZK 53,210 (USD 2,375) for each month you're in the country available in a bank account. For example, for a 12-month stay you need 2,375 x 12 = USD 28,500.
- 🛂 Eligibility: Foreign nationals who are self-employed or employed by a company outside and inside Czech Republic.
- 🏦 Taxes: Tax exempt.
- 🧾 Background checks: Must provide evidence of a clean criminal record.
- 🏥 Health insurance: Travel health insurance is required—we recommend Safety Wing.
Czech Republic Long-Term Visa (D)
There are two options for digital nomads wanting to work remotely from the Czech Republic:
The Long-Term Visa is going to be the easiest option. The Zivno is only necessary if you do business inside the Czech Republic. There are more requirements, and you must pay various taxes.
From the bustling streets of Prague to the tranquil riverside of Český Krumlov, the Czech Republic provides a diverse landscape for work/life balance.
The Czech Republic boasts a reasonable cost of living, especially compared to Western Europe, with affordable accommodation, dining, and transportation. In city centers like Prague, a one-bedroom apartment costs between €600-€900 per month, while shared housing or living in smaller towns can significantly reduce expenses.
The country excels in connectivity, offering efficient public transportation and a telecommunications network that supports a seamless digital nomad lifestyle. Cafes and coworking spaces abound, providing ample opportunities for remote work. The comprehensive and affordable healthcare system and the country's safety and political stability add to its appeal as a digital nomad destination.
The country is a haven for nature lovers, boasting diverse landscapes from forested areas to national parks. Cities like Prague and Brno are vibrant tech hubs, offering a laid-back lifestyle and a rich cultural scene.
The Czech Republic offers excellent cuisine and a vibrant nightlife, catering to various tastes. The country's rich history and cultural heritage, evident in its architecture, museums, and historical sites, provide an endlessly intriguing backdrop for digital nomads.
With English widely spoken, especially in larger cities and tourist areas, the Czech Republic is accessible and culturally enriching for remote workers.